Major issues with too many events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Major issues with too many events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fluidwebdev
    Participant

Hi,
    My customer has created lots of recurring weekly events with no end date so they now have over 32,000 events going forward. I want to Delete them all and have a nice clean set of events to build up correctly.

Some I have moved to trash are still coming up as Published, even after I have cleared the trash out. In the Events page I am seeing multiples of the same event. When I click on Edit Al sometimes it just reloads the Events page.

Is there an easy way to delete all of the events and just start again?

Regards,

Keith

Casey D

Hello fluidwebdev,

Sorry to hear this! This sounds like it could be caused by a number of issues.

I would recommend using this plugin to clean up the events: https://wordpress.org/plugins/event-rocket/

(Event Rocket isn’t officially supported by us unfortunately, but one of our devs did make it. Be sure to have a back up of course!)

If you activate Event Rocket and deactivate The Events Calendar, there will be a clean up utility under the Tools admin menu.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

danielfazio
    Participant

I am having this problem for the second time now as well. 1000s of events have been created on a single day in 2016 for some reason. All the event rocket utility does is delete everything. Is there a fix for this problem with recurring events?

Casey
    Participant

fluidwebdev,
    I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

danielfazio,
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Major issues with too many events’ is closed to new replies.