Mailed-in Cheque and Automatic Service Charge

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Mailed-in Cheque and Automatic Service Charge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aslam

I’m looking at using WooCommerce Tickets for a barbershop singing competition site I’m doing for a client. I have a question though:
    They will be accepting both mailed-in cheque payments as well as PayPal. Can the system handle that? Is there a way for us to manually register tickets when someone sends in a cheque?
    Also if a buyer decides to pay by PayPal, the client wants to charge them a service charge in order to cover the PayPal fees. is there anyway to automatically add a service charge based on which payment method/gateway they use? If so, can we make it a percentage of the total ticket price or can it only be a fixed amount?
    Thanks,
    Aslam

Barry

Hi Aslam,

Great questions! However, they really relate to the underlying ecommerce engine – WooCommerce – and so it may be better to seek clarification via WooThemes’ own support channels.

Basically though, WooCommerce Tickets should not inhibit you from using any of the payment systems provided or supported by WooCommerce itself. With regards to recouping PayPal fees, again that would really need to be something to seek advice on from WooCommerce’s own authors but to the best of my knowledge that isn’t natively supported and you would need to either write or obtain a customization to handle this or else just factor that in to the sale price as best you can.

Does that help?

Barry

(Closing this out!)

Barry

Please note this thread will no longer be monitored: if we can help with any other questions, please create a new thread!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Mailed-in Cheque and Automatic Service Charge’ is closed to new replies.