lots of Questions from a Rookie

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO lots of Questions from a Rookie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aberdeb
    Participant

I don’t see Events on my Menu. It will allow me to move a single event to the menu but I can’t add a tab for the calendar. I have All-in-one (Timelys crashmaster)installed but disabled, that shows up on the menu as “Calendar”. And I don’t see pictures when I hover or anywhere except when you click on a specific event. Finally, is there a way to copy an event? I have City Council Meetings and some others that repeat on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays etc. Please type slow–I am old and do not speak html, this is my first webstye. 🙂 Oh.. and I paid for this even though it is a non-profit because I am so green and will need all the help I can get.. Could I apply for some add-ons gratis? Thank you, Deb Blecha BTW I did get a widget on the sidebar.. so it is on the site there (an improvement).
    Warning: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home1/moyer777/public_html/aberdeenfoundersday.org/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/tribe-date-series-rules.class.php on line 64

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/moyer777/public_html/aberdeenfoundersday.org/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/tribe-date-series-rules.class.php:64) in /home1/moyer777/public_html/aberdeenfoundersday.org/wp-admin/post.php on line 235

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/moyer777/public_html/aberdeenfoundersday.org/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/tribe-date-series-rules.class.php:64) in /home1/moyer777/public_html/aberdeenfoundersday.org/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1121
    What does this mean????

aberdeb
    Participant

I got the menu figured out.. YAY!! Not sure how I did it.

Casey D

Hello aberdeb,

Congrats on upgrading! Once we get this sorted out I’m sure you’ll love it. 😀

Sorry you’re experiencing this right from the start! It looks like a few things could be at play here.

First, it might be helpful to check out our primers. They’re quick videos that will bring you up to speed quickly.

1) Menu

Menus are under Appearance > Menus in the WP-Admin. It looks like you added a “links” menu item, but with the name “Events Calendar”

2014-05-05 at 4.27 PM

2) Copy Events

You can create ‘copies’ of event by making an event ‘Recurring’ in the edit event screen.

2014-05-05 at 6.37 PM

3) Errors

I can’t see the errors on your site, can you show them to me or explain where they happen?

Does this all make sense? I think I answered all of your questions.

In the future, if you could put one question per post, it will help us help you! I’m sure we can get you up and running soon!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

aberdeb
    Participant

I did get the calendar on the menu–taking a bow, thank you. I did watch the primer and some other videos, very helpful, thank you again..The copies I still have question we will get to that, and the error message, I think came because I selected the wrong recurrence date (put in monthly and then entered my own plain language date list)

The copy issue: I know it will auto create a copy when you enter a recurrence, but I have some recurrences that do not fit the choices the calendar program offers. I can’t just drop down a schedule that has every 2nds and 4th Wednesday. The 2nd Wed will be entered and then the 4th Wed will be entered. Same with drama productions that have matinee times. That different time has to be entered as a separate event. It would make that task a lot quicker if I could copy and modify a field or two then post. I thought the free version had that option, because it didn’t allow you to do recurrences.
    And now that I know what fantastic timely customer service I am going to get from the Tribe–I will be happy to post questions separately. So far I am loving the calendar and loving your company. Thank you very much–I promise to do a testimonial/recommendation soon 🙂

Casey D

I just tried this plugin and it works great – the post duplicator >> http://wordpress.org/plugins/post-duplicator/

It seems super self-explanatory, but let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

aberdeb
    Participant

I installed that plug-in and the events are there. I duplicated then broke it out to be new. Changed the Aberdeen Elks Copy Header to Hoquiam Elks and then modified the information–(dates, venue, etc) for the other town. It only shows up if you search for it. I use pretty link and noticed that the link didn’t change so I modified that a little.

aberdeb
    Participant

BTW thanks for recommending that plug-in. I am having trouble with another recurring event. I did the plain language thing Here is what I put in the recurrence description box :May 9, May 10, May 16, May 17 It is showing up every day. I had to put something in the the frequency box so I choose Daily and the number 1. That must be wrong 🙁 What would be right?

Casey D

The ‘recurrence description’ is only a label, it doesn’t control the actual days/times of the events.

2014-05-12 at 10.40 AM

I think I can be more helpful if we start at the beginning.

Can you tell me what it is you would like to do or what your situation is? It seems like you have an event that recurs every Saturday and Sunday? There is no way to create that pattern for now. I would create two separate events (the Saturday and the Sunday event) that recur every week.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain it better!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Sorry I made a mistake in my last post! Set Recurrence to ‘Custom’ and Frequency to ‘Weekly’ and you  can then check Saturday and Sunday. Hope this helps!

2014-05-12 at 10.57 AM

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello aberdeb,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘lots of Questions from a Rookie’ is closed to new replies.