Lost Events Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Lost Events Page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cornerecho
    Participant

After I activated the Pro version and added the Submit an Event link, I lost the Events link that opened the calendar. I get the following message on my General setting page:
    “You cannot edit the slug for your events page as you do not have pretty permalinks enabled. The current URL for your events page is http://cornerecho.com?post_type=tribe_events. In order to edit the slug here, enable pretty permalinks.”
    However I was able to add the Submit an Event link because i enabled the pretty permalinks and that’s when I lost the events page.

I have tried to recreate a page and add the slug, but it will not work.

Casey
    Participant

cornerecho,
    Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. You’ll need to enable Pretty Permalinks in order for the Community Add-on and the Events Calendar to function properly. Just go to your ‘WordPress Settings->Permalinks’ and choose any option besides the default, and then click ‘Save Changes.’ Even if your Permalinks aren’t set as the ‘Default,’ go ahead and click ‘Save Changes’ on this page anyway, since this can reset your permalinks.

Give that a shot and let me know if you’re still having issues here. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

cornerecho
    Participant

I did follow those instructions and I still cannot or am not able to set up the Events page so that site visitors can see the full month view of the calendar. The only button that I seem to have access to is the “submit an event” link.

Casey
    Participant

I’m currently seeing your calendar here: http://cornerecho.com/events/ You’ll need to add a link to your theme’s menu (Appearance->Menu) in order for users to access the page.

Hope that helps! Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

cornerecho
    Participant

Correect, I was able to add a new page after resetting the permalinks. I do see the same page as you: http://cornerecho.com/events/. However, when I click on the button on the menu, there is no action. When I right click the button and ask that the page be opened in a new tab or window the link works. Why do you think it will not open on the button click?

Casey
    Participant

This looks like a specific issue with how your theme implements the Header menu for items that have a child element. You might need to create a parent element with two child elements in order to get your desired effect. Something like this:

-Calendar
    –Events
    –Submit an Event

Good luck! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Lost Events Page’ is closed to new replies.