Losing translation during navigation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Losing translation during navigation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GDPR20191021
    Participant

Hello,

I’m experiencing the issue that I lose translation when navigating through the calendar. I.e. when I have a language other than english and I click to go a month back or forward on the month view , the language switches to english, but only in the calendar itself. The rest of the site still is in the wanted language. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards!

Josh
    Participant

Hello hotcity,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the issues you are facing using our plugin. It looks like your WordPress install is an English install and the translations are being managed by a third-party plugin such as WPML?

Unfortunately there are some compatibility issues between our plugin and translation plugins such as WPML. This is something that is on our radar and is very important for us to work on addressing in 2015. However, due to the nature of the plugins, the solution will most likely be a significant rewrite of large portions of our plugin which means there isn’t much of solution we can provide in the meantime to patch the issues.

I apologize for any inconveniences this issue has caused. If you would like, you can vote for the feature on our UserVoice page and get updated on progress when the issues are able to be addressed.

Thanks!

– Josh

GDPR20191021
    Participant

Hello Josh,

thanks for your reply! And yes, I’m working with WPML.
    In the meantime I found out how to resolve this issue.
    In the file “wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/resources/tribe-events-ajax-calendar.js” in the function “tribe_events_calendar_ajax_post” at line 385, I added the parameter “lang” with the current language. This worked for me.

Best regards.

Josh
    Participant

Hello hotcity,

Thanks for following up with us!

I’m glad you were able to find a solution to this particular compatibility issue. I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Losing translation during navigation’ is closed to new replies.