Looking to translate and modify meta walker

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Looking to translate and modify meta walker

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    manifdart
    Participant

I’ve found little to no documentation on the meta walker (the information block at the bottom of the event page) and am looking to do some simple modifications. I would like to know where those files are located if possible.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi!

You’re right, we don’t have a great deal of documentation on that aspect of the plugin, though there is this guide which explains some of the background you’d need to work with it (and I’d recommend reading the Themer’s Guide first of all, if you haven’t already done so):

How the Tribe Meta Factory Works

Beyond that, at code level, you will probably be most interested in lib/tribe-meta-factory.class.php if you want to see the “nuts and bolts” of this system (we don’t recommend changing core plugin code, however).

Let me know if that helps!

manifdart
    Participant

I’ve went through those links already and they haven’t helped me find where I can translate words, for example. That’s why I’m posting. I wen through the file you mentioned, but I can’t see it in there. I was under the impression that it was possible to translate this plugin!?!

Barry

It definitely is possible – and the plugin already ships with translations for many different languages. Here for instance is a screenshot of some meta walker output with WordPress configured to use German (de_DE):

meta-walker-output-german-translation

The above links were really just to give you some insight into using the meta walker since you expressed an interest in knowing which files it was comprised of – but it’s important to note it doesn’t really have any templates of its own that you can safely override and customize as you might do, for instance, with the single events template.

Ordinarily, the best way to translate things is by working with tools like POEdit: though geared more to WordPress as a whole, there is a good explanation of the basics over here.

Does that help?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Looking to translate and modify meta walker’ is closed to new replies.