Logout link leads to WP Admin backend

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Logout link leads to WP Admin backend

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Debbie Cavins
    Participant

When a user logs in to add an event, they do it on a custom form that pulls the wp-login on the page, which is what we want. We do not allow anonymous submissions and we disable showing the admin topbar for registered users that will submit events.

But when they click to logout at the top right of the Community Events page, they are logged out and taken to the default WP login page, which leads them to the backend WP Admin area, rather than the Community Events Submission page. Is there any way to have them return to the Community Events login page when they click to logout on the Community Events Submission page?

In the interim I have hidden the link using CSS, but if I check the “Remember Me” box, it keeps logged in even after closing the browser window, so this is not the preferred option.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Cliff

Hi, Debbie.

We do have an option to redirect access to wp-admin. You can set this option here:

wp-admin > Events > Settings > Community tab > “Access Control” section > “Redirect URL” option and enter where you want them to go

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Debbie!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out which includes a fix for this issue.

Find out more about it → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-15-july-2019/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Logout link leads to WP Admin backend’ is closed to new replies.