Login credentials for users registering to submit event

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Login credentials for users registering to submit event

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nina
    Participant

I need some help figuring out how my users who are registering with the site in order to submit an event are provided with login credentials.

Further, I need to know how to set the review and approval process for users submitting registration forms, as we’re limiting the access for event submission to qualified users.

It isn’t clear to me through testing the registration form what this process is or how to set this process up.

http://419herhub.org/organization-registration/ is the form link. Attached is what the submission email push looks like.

Thanks!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! Community Events uses the regular WP user accounts that already exist on your site – it does not have a separate user base or separate registration process for event submissions. Is the form that you linked to one that you’re using to create user accounts? Are they sent a link to login/create an account/set a password upon submitting that form? If so, then they will be able to use that same account to submit events through the Community Events form.

Regarding the approval process, you can set the default status that events are submitted into under Events > Settings > Community > General > “Default status for submitted events” – you can select the “Draft” or “Pending Review” statuses to prevent events from being published immediately. This gives you a chance to review the submissions and publish them yourself. If you are referring to the account review process, then this would be handled entirely outside of Community Events, which has no built-in functionality for handling user creation. The “Allow anonymous submissions” option allows you to remove the requirement for users to be logged in to submit events, but as long as that is unchecked, then Community Events will simply check that the user is logged in before showing them the event submission form.

If you are looking for more advanced user management, then you might need to do a customization. However, we do have some additional features coming soon (via a freeĀ extension) that will provide more options for which user roles are able to submit events.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Login credentials for users registering to submit event’ is closed to new replies.