Location Search not returning results

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Location Search not returning results

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    amasiello
    Participant

Hello Support Team, I am using Events Calendar Pro and am trying to find events with the ‘near location’ search bar and it is not returning results consistently. I was searching by entering the state ‘NJ’. It previously wasn’t returning any results, but I fixed a venue to include longitude and latitude and then that venue showed up in the results. But when I added the longitude and latitude to another venue, it didn’t help and it wouldn’t show up in the search results. These events show up on t
    he calendar normally, they just are not returning in a near location search.

Is the near location search supposed to take City, State or zip code?

I also made sure there are no conflicts. I reverted back to the Twenty Sixteen theme and then disabled all plugins except the
    Tribe Events plugins and cleared the cache and still had the problem.

I am still working on my site and it is not ready to go live yet. Any help would be great, thanks!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for email support and sorry you having issues with the search feature. In order to troubleshoot. Can you give me a link to an event with the venue in question and also what you are searching?

The search should stake City, state and zip.

Thanks,
    Brendan

amasiello
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Here is one event that I had to edit the venue information:

https://www.facebook.com/events/174578216477675/

When I import it from facebook, a venue does not import, so then I set the venue and venue address manually. Then when I search in the toolbar just for ‘ny’ it doesn’t find it, only if I search for ‘alden, ny’.

Here is another event that the venue didn’t import from facebook. I added it, and now it shows up when I search for NJ.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2023372901270654

When I search for ‘ca’ or ‘CA’ for California, none of my California events show up. Here are some of the California meetup events:

Encore Vegan Book Club

Tuesday, Jan 16, 2018, 7:00 PM

Gaia’s Garden
    1899 Mendocino Avenue Santa Rosa, CA

6 Conscious Eaters Went

Welcome to the Encore Vegan Book Club! We meet every Tuesday evening except the last Tuesday of each calendar month at Gaia’s Garden at the community table in the back. We have optional social time from 6:00-7:00 p.m. followed by our book discussion from 7:00-8:00. We’re currently reading Kiss the Ground: How the Food You Eat Can Reverse Climate Ch…

Check out this Meetup →

Encore Vegan Book Club

Tuesday, Jan 16, 2018, 7:00 PM

Gaia’s Garden
    1899 Mendocino Avenue Santa Rosa, CA

6 Conscious Eaters Went

Welcome to the Encore Vegan Book Club! We meet every Tuesday evening except the last Tuesday of each calendar month at Gaia’s Garden at the community table in the back. We have optional social time from 6:00-7:00 p.m. followed by our book discussion from 7:00-8:00. We’re currently reading Kiss the Ground: How the Food You Eat Can Reverse Climate Ch…

Check out this Meetup →

JAPANESE CUISINE RAW VEGAN CLASS – Miso Soup, Vegan Sushi, Udon Noodle Bowl

Saturday, Jan 20, 2018, 9:00 AM

Suncafe Organic
    10820 Ventura Blvd Studio City, CA 91604 Los Angeles, CA

5 Vegan Chefs in training Went

• What we’ll do 1/20/18 JAPANESE CUISINE COOKING CLASS Miso Soup, Vegan Sushi, Udon Noodle Bowl Ron Russell’s classes are presented in a lively and fun demonstration format designed to guide, inform and inspire you to a healthier, tastier lifestyle. Each class finishes with a tasting of the days creations and a Q&A. Over the past 5 years, in more …

Check out this Meetup →

Increasing Life Expectancy

Saturday, Jan 20, 2018, 2:30 PM

Capital Athletic Club
    1515 8th Street Sacramento, CA

8 Members Went

What if you could live a longer, healthier and happier life, without the pain of chronic disease? What if you could dramatically improve your life expectancy and the quality of your life without drugs, special pills or gimmicks? Turns out you can! Over 75% of the early deaths in this county are caused by chronic diseases that are completely prevent…

Check out this Meetup →

Also, I was having issues with duplicated events, so I ended up deleting a lot of duplicates. Not sure if that could somehow affect these leftover events possibly?

Also, if the facebook events are in a scheduled import, will the venue that I manually added get wiped out in future updates?

Thanks for the help!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Sorry, can you give me the link from your site that doesn’t have the imported info.

Thanks,
    Brendan

amasiello
    Participant

This reply is private.

amasiello
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

Have you had a chance to look at this? I would really like to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi There,

I took a look and see that it appears to be working for city, state and zip. For example, if I search “Tarzana, CA”. Or if I search the zip code: 91604, I see the events as well.

However, I wasn’t able to find the equivalent in searching for state names or abbreviations.

Events > Settings > General > Map view search distance limit is where to set the parameter for a search. Can you try expanding that? Google interprets the region as the central point of a state. I’m wondering if your miles may be too small for some states to be picked up.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Brendan

amasiello
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I increased the map view search distance and now I’m able to get results for ‘CA’, woohoo! It’s a little weird now though, when I search for ‘nj’ and in the list view, the first results are in Maryland. Is there a way to limit to the searched state only? Or sort by distance from the search location instead of by date?

Thanks

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thats great it somewhat works as desired. When you search the state abbreviation, it may pull in locations close by as well. Unfortunately we do not have an option to search just a state. One thing you can do is create an link on your site for each state that will show the events in that state.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Brendan

amasiello
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the help.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Anytime, let us know if you run into any other issues.

Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Location Search not returning results’ is closed to new replies.