Location Search Inconsistent

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Location Search Inconsistent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cappy
    Participant

Hello,

My search feature is completely inconsistent. When I enter NY, I get events in NY, when I enter HI, I get no events, yet there is one available. When I enter San Francisco, I get the event there, but when I enter Bel Air, the event in that city does not show. If I clear the search, all of those events do show in the map view. I tried a different theme and turned off all other plugins, but no luck:(

Josh
    Participant

Hey Cappy,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

A couple of questions that may help us in sorting this out for you:

1. Within your dashboard, do you have any prompts asking you to update information about your venues after upgrading to PRO?
    2. Within the Venue Settings, are you using the long. & lat. setting for the map option https://cloudup.com/c2BQWxQUwAE?
    3. Finally, I wonder if there is something strange going on with the “Distance” option on the Filter Bar plugin here. Have you tried temporarily removing the “Distance” option from the filter bar settings?

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Cappy
    Participant

Hi Josh,

I actually upgraded to pro before adding these venues. I have tried both with and without the lat/long box selected. Your demo actually does the exact same thing. If you goto your demo in September and search for events with MD for Maryland, it shows the event. But if you search for RI, the Rhode Island event doesn’t show. I realize that maybe you have settings turned off for that event which is why it doesn’t show. However, I have all of them turned on and the state search isn’t working.

It did start working when I put in a large distance. If I put in the state, should it not search the entire state? Or does it just search a preselected area of that state? NY, for example, shows all of NYC, but not the rest of the state.

Thank you

Josh
    Participant

Hey Cappy,

Thanks for following up with us!

When updating the “Distance” did you update the setting within the Map settings under the General tab within the Events Settings (https://cloudup.com/cv7OAEMZRmT)?

If so, that is the best way to address the issue you’re describing. When adding a state abbreviation, the search assigns a single latitude and longitude coordinate to that search term (within the state) and will search for events within the radius set in the settings option above. If an event’s venue happens to be outside of that parameter, it won’t show in the search results.

I apologize for any inconvenience, however widening the search range is the best solution for the time being.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Cappy
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Ok, I see how it works now. One thing I did notice is that when you enter an address, you must then click publish, then clock lat/lon, and click publish again, or else it doesn’t fill the lat/lon. I think that is a problem I had with some of the listings.

Thanks so much for your time!

Cappy

Josh
    Participant

Hey Cappy,

No problem. Happy to help.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Location Search Inconsistent’ is closed to new replies.