Location in calendar view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Location in calendar view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Hi,

On the events page I have calendar view enabled however I need to be able to show the location (city only) in the date cells and in the tooltip popup that appears when you hover over an event.

Please can you help with this.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

Hey there, Dan! Welcome to the forums. πŸ™‚

Getting the venue city in the tooltip takes a bit of custom development that we’re unable to support, but I’d be happy to help point you in the right direction.

First thing you’ll want to do is create an override of the tooltip.php template, which is located in /plugins/the-events-calendar/views/month/tooltip.php. If you’re new to template overrides, check out our Themer’s Guide before getting started, as it will show you how to copy and override the template without affecting the plugin’s core code.

From there, you’ll want modify the template to include theΒ tribe_get_city() function to fetch and display the city in the tooltip, where you would like it. You can check out this example customizationΒ of the same file as a starting point. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Dan
    Participant

Thanks Geoff for the warm welcome and thank you for your help so far πŸ˜€

I only needed pointing in the right direction, leave it with me and I’ll look at doing this later today.

Dan

Geoff

Excellent, please keep me posted! πŸ™‚

Dan
    Participant

Sorry for the delay. I’ve done this now and thank you once again for your help.

Dan

Geoff

That’s awesome! Nice work and thanks for keeping me posted on your progress. I’m stoked that everything worked out. πŸ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to start a new one if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Location in calendar view’ is closed to new replies.