Location, Country is now oftentimes automatically filled in with United States

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Location, Country is now oftentimes automatically filled in with United States

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ruud
    Participant

Hi,

For some unknown reason, and only since….well, not so long ago, the Unites States is shows associated with a location. Most locations have no Country defined, as all locations are situated in The Netherlands. None of the locations has been defined as the United States. And given the defined addresses, it is highly unlikely, an equivalent address is situated in the United States. I tried to find an equivalent in the United States, but to no avail. Which then makes we wonder why the United States is mentioned. And mentioned only at the front-end. In the back-end, no country is mentioned,

I have 800 locations in my database.

Kind regards,
    Ruud

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Ruud,

I am sorry this is giving you troubles. It would be my pleasure to assist with correcting this.

I am not totally sure why that is happening for you either, but I have a few ideas on how to fix it. Lets start with the easiest possibility. Go to WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Default Content. What country is the default country, is none selected or is it the United States perhaps? I would set it the Netherlands. Below this you will see: Use a custom list of countries. I could set that to “NL, Netherlands” as well. Now hit Save.

Are the events showing the proper countries now? <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>If not:</span>

1. <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Could you share an example event page with this problem?</span>
    2. <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Would you be willing to privately share a copy of your database as well?</span>

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Location, Country is now oftentimes automatically filled in with United States’ is closed to new replies.