Localise Event Fields ?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Localise Event Fields ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leigh
    Participant

Hello there,

I am in the UK and therefore would like to make the fields more appropriate to people submitting events in the UK.
    Is it possible to rename some fields (state to county) and maybe while I’m at it change some ‘z’ to ‘s’ 😉

Thanks in advance

George
    Participant

Hey Leigh,

You can definitely make such changes – however, they’re a bit tedious to make, to be honest. You’d have to edit core admin-views directly in the plugin code, which means that before updating to the next version, you’ll need to back up your changes and then manually add them back in after the update 🙁

But the gist of making such changes is just to head right into the plugin files and navigate to the /src/admin-views folder. This is where the admin templates all live. For example, to change the “Select a state” text to “Select a county”, head to /src/admin-views/venue-meta-box.php and head to around line 92 or so to find that text to change there.

There is a secondary option, which still requires custom coding, but relies on filtering the gettext strings instead of making manual file edits. So this might be more appealing since you won’t have to manually edit the files after each plugin update.

Check out this method here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

I’d personally recommend doing what you can with the second option, and then if you can’t change a specific change somewhere for some reason, fall back to the first option and just note the change and keep a backup somewhere for easy access.

I hope this helps!

— George

Leigh
    Participant

That’s great, thanks for that. Good I’ve got the option.
    Really appreciate the reply.

George
    Participant

Nice! Glad to have helped, Leigh.

Best of luck with your site 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Localise Event Fields ?’ is closed to new replies.