Local development using multi-site license

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Local development using multi-site license

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by clockwork-agency.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    clockwork-agency
    Participant

We’re trying to setup a staging/testing environment for a client’s site utilizing a few MT plugins (ECP, ETP) and we’re unable to work from a test/staging TLD due to licensing.

This page outlines the requirements for testing including supported TLDs: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

We’ve tried [clientname].[ourdomain].test, [clientname][ourdomain].test and even just localhost. We’ve also enabled WP_DEBUG to see if that would make a difference.

From the Dashboard and new/edit event screen we’re being shown a bee atop tickets with the MT logo and the features for event tickets are disabled (screenshot attached).

How do we get a testing environment running with a multi-site license for ECP/ETP?

clockwork-agency
    Participant

It’s worth noting that for the client’s site at http://www.client.org we’ve also tried client.test and http://www.client.test locally as per the docs.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with this. I’ll try to help get this sorted out.

I’m not sure why it’s showing that message on localhost, which should be exempt from the install limit. In any case, this would just prevent you from updating the plugin through the WordPress interface, and should not limit the use of the plugin in any way. For the time being, you can just log in to your events calendar account and download any new versions manually, until we figure out why this happening on your staging domains.

Can you try removing and re-adding the license key while set up for “localhost”? Does this make the notification go away?

As far as your screenshot goes, the tickets UI will be greyed out if you do not have a payment gateway set up. For me, even just enabling WooCommerce plugin activates it.

Thanks,
    Sky

clockwork-agency
    Participant

Hey Sky,

In setting up another staging site I had neglected to turn WooCommerce back on. Sorry about the hassle — working as expected without issue.

Sky
    Keymaster

Great! Glad that helped.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Local development using multi-site license’ is closed to new replies.