"Loading Failed" when event categories try to load

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events "Loading Failed" when event categories try to load

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Frederick
    Participant

Hi,

I was testing the most recent upgrades to Events Calendar Pro, Filter Bar and Community Events, and noticed that on the Community Events Submission screen, I cannot select any taxonomies. When you click into the box for any of the taxonomies (e.g., Event Category), it loads for a minute and then comes up with a red box that says “Loading Failed.”

Thanks,
    Dan

Frederick
    Participant

Ah hell, nevermind, it’s a theme conflict. My bad.

Frederick
    Participant

So I dug deeper and, while it’s rooted in the theme, it’s actually a question of permissions. I created new roles for my event submitter users, and they apparently don’t have permissions to access the taxonomies. What capability is needed in order for them to be able to see the list of taxonomies?

Barry

Hi Frederick,

Thanks for posting – though I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit up against some snags.

To assign terms from the event category taxonomy the edit_tribe_events capability is required, however we don’t enforce anything unusual merely for reading them and WordPress defaults are used. Can you shed any more light on what led you to this conclusion – what capabilities do your custom user roles have?

it loads for a minute and then comes up with a red box that says “Loading Failed.”

This sounds like something that would happen if an unexpected or malformed response comes back from the server; I wonder – do you have WP_DEBUG enabled and might PHP warnings or notices be “polluting” the response?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘"Loading Failed" when event categories try to load’ is closed to new replies.