Live Google Calendar Feed Link

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Live Google Calendar Feed Link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Don Keeney
    Participant

I would like to feed a Google Calendar with all the events that are created on WP. The Calendar is used throughout the organization and needs to be kept up to date. All events will be entered through the event plug-in.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Don,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums!

If I understand correctly you would like to enter data in your The Events Calendar and then have those events automatically push / get imported to a Google Calendar.

Unfortunately this is not possible with our plugins. You can import a current state of your calendar into Google Cal, but not sure if it’s going to automatically update.

Here is how you can do the import.

• Go your your The Events Calendar, list view
    • At the bottom you will see a ‘Export events’ button. Right click and choose ‘Copy link location’
    • Go to your Google calendar
    • In the left column you can see ‘Other Calendars’ and a little arrow. Click on the arrow
    • From the popup menu choose ‘Add by URL’
    • Paste in the URL and click on ‘Add calendar’

You should be set and the events will be imported.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

You also might find this article helpful:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/exporting-events/

A.

Don Keeney
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback. I’m disappointed to see that the plugin can’t link via API to feed the info back to Google but ok. However when I access the calendar via the link Google gives me this error
    “The address that you provided did not contain a calendar in a valid iCal or GData format.”

Any ideas?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Don,

I understand your disappointment.

Technically it is not possible to push events to Google Calendar. Just like you cannot push events to a WordPress based Events Calendar.

You can only do pull, so Google Calendar has to pull in the data from The Events Calendar. That is the process what I outlined above.

I checked your site and I see it is not accessible for the public yet. If you are trying to pull data from that site, then likely Google Calendar is also not allowed to see it, that is why you are getting that message.

If you’d like, you can test the above process withe the URL of my test site.

https://tec.andrasguseo.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=month

Check and let me know.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Live Google Calendar Feed Link’ is closed to new replies.