Little more pre-sales questioning

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Little more pre-sales questioning

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Geoff Fitch

Before I dive in, I just wanted to ask a couple more questions. I think all the issues and changes I have are theme compatibility related. The theme developer seems very responsive so I am guessing between us they could be resolved, but I just thought I would list some of the things I’d like to do and get an assessment of the level of difficulty you guess this is to fix –

You can see our installation at http://www.pacificintegral.com/new/eventstest

> On the event list – is it possible to change the formatting/styles of the event title and description? It seems that the text in the description is larger than on the rest of our site.

> Is it possible to put a more explicit link or button from the event list to the details of the event? Right now it seems the only thing is the title is a link and that a perhaps too subtle to be noticed.

> We seem to have a formatting issue on the calendar view.

On the event detail,
    > there is no event title?
    > There seems to be a problem with the formatting of the event details.

I love the way this looks in your screenshots – basically we just want your take on if we can get this to work on our theme.

Two more:

> It would be great to have a short excerpt description in the event list, with a longer one on the detail page. Is this possible?

> Now, I expect you to say no to this… this is a responsive theme and I was wondering how these pages might be expected to display on mobile/table forms.

Thanks for your time!
    Geoff

Leah

Hey Geoff,

It can be tricky to estimate difficulty, as it depends on so many factors. But I’ll do my best 🙂

On the event list – is it possible to change the formatting/styles of the event title and description? It seems that the text in the description is larger than on the rest of our site.

> Is it possible to put a more explicit link or button from the event list to the details of the event? Right now it seems the only thing is the title is a link and that a perhaps too subtle to be noticed.

These issues are relatively simple ones. You might try searching the forums for answers, and also check out our Themer’s Guide to learn more about ways to customize the calendar’s style.

> We seem to have a formatting issue on the calendar view.

On the event detail,
    > there is no event title?
    > There seems to be a problem with the formatting of the event details.

I see what you mean (thanks for providing the link). This might be resolved using theme templates, but it may also require a deeper dive into the theme code.

> It would be great to have a short excerpt description in the event list, with a longer one on the detail page. Is this possible?

> Now, I expect you to say no to this… this is a responsive theme and I was wondering how these pages might be expected to display on mobile/table forms.

This really depends on what you’re looking for in responsiveness. There are so many different configurations it is difficult for me to really answer this question. We try to make our calendar at least somewhat responsive, and have improved that for our upcoming 3.0 release. We haven’t done anything specific to make it mobile friendly, however. I recommend that you experiment to see if it’ll fit your needs in terms of responsiveness.

I hope I got your questions answered. Thanks again for your support.

Cheers,
    Leah

Geoff Fitch

Thanks for your answers. We’ll give it a go – any thoughts on this one?

Geoff Fitch

It would be great to have a short excerpt description in the event list, with a longer one on the detail page. Is this possible?

geofffitch
    Participant

Ok – I’m bought pro and eventbrite – thanks for your help.

Leah

Awesome Geoff! Thanks so much. If you have any further questions, you can now post in our premium forums for PRO and Eventbrite.

~Leah

Leah

Oops, I’m sorry I forgot to answer your question about excerpts! We actually have that function built in- there’s an excerpt box on the New Event page.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Little more pre-sales questioning’ is closed to new replies.