List view with shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List view with shortcode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Honey Shelton
    Participant

We would love to embed this list view into a page so we can add some other content and tweak the view a bit with css.

I know there’s a shortcode that we can use
    [tribe_events_list category="webinars"]
    but this doesn’t have the find out more link and doesn’t create month sub-headers, both features we want.

How do you recommend we accomplish this?
    Worst-case scenario we can add custom css globally to all list views but that doesn’t seem like a very elegant solution.

Thanks!

Geoff

Hey @hshelton,

Good question. I think the best way to accomplish this is to customize the widget template with one of your own.

There’s much more about how template overrides work here in our Themer’s Guide, but it basically boils down to this:

• Make a copy of the list-widget.php template. It is located at wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/widgets/list-widget.php.
    • Make a new folder in your theme (or child theme) directory called tribe-events
    • Make a new folder in that one called pro
    • Make one more folder in that one called widgets
    • Drop the copied list-widget.php template in that last folder

Now that the template is in your theme files, it can be customized to suit your needs. In this case, you can add in a “Find out more” link and subheaders as you see fit. 🙂

Will this help you get started? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Honey Shelton
    Participant

Thanks I will investigate that route!

Geoff

Right on, sounds like a plan!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to open a new one if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘List view with shortcode’ is closed to new replies.