List view showing weekday not month for May 2019

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List view showing weekday not month for May 2019

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Annette
    Participant

In list view on this page the events for May 2019 are not showing the month – they are showing Sunday and Friday

September dates are displayed correctly

http://frenchfusion.com.au/erinhill-sketch-tours

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the calendar display. I will try to help you figure out the problem.

How exactly are those events being added to the page? It looks like a mini calendar widget, but seems to be missing it’s wrapper?

Can you provide more details about how this was generated?

Thanks,
    Sky

Annette
    Participant

Hi – the shortcode being used is [tribe_events_list category=”sketch-holidays”]

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thank you for the additional information. The way this widget shortcode works, it will show the day if the event is during the current month, and the month otherwise.

However, there seems to be a bug, because the event is not until next year. I was able to reproduce this in my test environment.

I will report this bug, and attach this ticket to the report. When this is fixed and added to a release, someone will follow up with you here to make sure it’s working properly for you. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a timeline for when this will happen.

We appreciate the report and your patience. Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,
    Sky

Annette
    Participant

Until this bug is fixed, is there an alternative widget code that I can use to list the forthcoming events in a specified category?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can try the mini calendar, or one of the other views listed here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

Annette
    Participant

Sadly no, none of the alternatives do the job. It needs to be a list of forthcoming events.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I’m sorry to hear that none of those will work for you. I have fixed this in a copy of the template that you can use to override until this is fixed in the plugin.

Copy the file from:
    https://gist.github.com/skyshab/9771462a81705b515527e75ce3953add

into [your-theme]/tribe-events/pro/widgets/modules/single-event.php

Once this is fixed, you can remove the custom template.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Sky

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that a new maintenance release is out, including a permanent fix for this issue with the list widget.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-9-9-and-events-calendar-pro-4-7-8/

Please try updating and let us know if you are experiencing any further issues. As always, we recommend running updates on your staging site before doing so on your live site, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks again for your patience while we worked on getting this fixed!

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘List view showing weekday not month for May 2019’ is closed to new replies.