List view does not work when calendar widget is used.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List view does not work when calendar widget is used.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Participant

I have the same issue. Tried removing the Events Calendar widget and adding it back. Did not work.

http://cpm.christianthibault.com/calendrier/

Rob

Glad to hear that did the trick for you, Jason. Not a long-term solution and I’m still going to have the devs take a look here accordingly, but Kris…let us know if that works for you as well.

Kris LaGreca
    Participant

Yup, I discovered that fix too — removing the ECPro widget does fix the functionality, but removing it is not a “fix.” Need it to work properly. 🙂

Christian
    Participant

Rob,

I may have a lead, although it is a temporary solution.

I forced $template = TribeEventsTemplates::getTemplateHierarchy(‘list’); in the function get_current_page_template(); in the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-templates.class.php

Please tell us if you find a cleaner solution. Thank you.

Joey Kudish

Hi Kris,

I’m one of the devs here at Modern Tribe, and Rob passed this issue along to me. Just like my colleagues Rob and Jonah, I wasn’t able to duplicate this locally even after trying a few different things. Just for transparency, here are some things I tried:
    — I tried this as the url on your site: http://www.gainbridges.com/events/?eventDisplay=upcoming – ?eventDisplay=upcoming is the actual query that happens behind the scenes so I wanted to rule out any conflict there, but that didn’t make a difference
    — I tried every template combination on my test site, but couldn’t duplicate the issue
    — I noticed that on your site the sidebar is before the content, so I made a quick template locally to duplicate your site as closely as possible but that didn’t make a difference either.

A few questions for you:

— Have you tried to revert to the default Twenty Eleven or Twenty Ten theme to see if the theme was being a conflict?
    — Have you tried to set the default view under The Events Calendar settings to “list” instead of “grid/calendar” to see if that at least would work?

Let me know about these two and if that still doesn’t work, I’ll have you email a set of wp-admin + ftp credentials to rob [at] tri.be and reference this thread in the email and we’ll take a look from there.

By the way, thanks for the lead you posted Christian, that might lead us in the right direction towards a permanent fix.

Thanks
    Joey

Kris LaGreca
    Participant

Hi Joey, I’m sorry but I don’t have more time to devote to troubleshooting this issue. I’m happy to provide your with FTP, WordPress access and you can take a look. Send me a private message and I’ll get you the credentials.

Joey Kudish

Hi Kris,

As mentioned above, please email a set of wp-admin + ftp credentials to rob [at] tri.be and reference this thread in the email and we’ll take a look from there. Unfortunately we don’t have private messaging set-up in the forums here and I can’t see your email address directly either.

Thanks

Joey Kudish

Hey Kris,

I think I’ve got the issue figured out.

The problem seemed to be in the order in which we are setting an internal query variable in the plugin. I’ve fixed it on your site since I had access, but am also including the solution below for others if they encounter it.

In the free plugin, in /lib/the-events-calendar.class.php, on line 210 we were calling ‘setDisplay’ on ‘pre_get_posts’ which made it fire on each query but I think it should only run once, so I’ve changed it to run on ‘wp’ instead. Here’s what that line looks like now:

add_action( 'wp', array( $this, 'setDisplay' ));

Kris, please let us know if this causes any other issues or problems on your site, but I think it should be okay.

I’ve also logged this issue in our project/bug tracker and assuming it doesn’t break anything else in QA we’ll have this included in our next release (2.0.4 or 2.1 – we’re currently debating that internally).

Cheers
    Joey

Kris LaGreca
    Participant

looks good. functionality working properly. Nice work Joey!

Joey Kudish

Glad to hear that worked for you Kris. As mentioned, we’ll have this fix implemented in a future release.

Cheers

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘List view does not work when calendar widget is used.’ is closed to new replies.