List view as table with multiple columns

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List view as table with multiple columns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

I’m not code savvy, so please bear with me. This is probably something simple for the coders out there.
    I want to take the existing information in List View but have it appear as a table with multiple columns. For example, Event Name, Dates, Venue, City, State. I’m not looking to make it sortable because each category will be its own page.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Rob

Hey Matt. The first place I’d suggest checking out would be the documentation page at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation. Does that point you in the right direction? Let me know if not.

Matt
    Participant

Unfortunately, the documentation doesn’t help someone like myself who doesn’t know code.

Rob

Ah alright. Thanks for confirming Matt. I can get our dev Jonah to take a look and see if he can point you in the right direction; while we’re obviously not in a position where we can build this for users (depending on the level of customization required you may want to hire a dev to do this), but let’s see what Jonah says first. May be much simpler a task than I’m imagining.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Matt, unfortunately this goes beyond the customization help we can provide. In general you’ll want to modify the list.php template file by overriding it (placing a duplicate copy in an ‘events’ folder in your theme) and modifying the markup (adding table code) and re-arranging PHP to get it working the way you want.

Good luck!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘List view as table with multiple columns’ is closed to new replies.