List View Ajax Difficulties

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List View Ajax Difficulties

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    Participant

I’m struggling a bit with getting the list navigation (particularly the “Next Events” link) to refresh either the page or URL — instead clicking on it just jumps to “/events/upcoming”, again displaying the first page of events. While I am using a custom theme, I’m hoping you might be able to point me in some direction to get things working. For what it’s worth, the mini-calendar’s ajax requests work like a charm.

I’ve seen other posts describing this behavior with the list, though none reach definitive solution. I’ve also disabled all plugins and removed all other javascript and widgets to no avail, though I was able to switch to the Twenty Thirteen theme with all plugins intact, and that did work.

As suggested, I downloaded the debug bar, though I’m not entirely sure what to look for. No errors are registering in the browser’s console. I’m halfway considering hacking the nav to avoid the ajax call and simply operate on standard links with query strings such as “/events/upcoming/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=2”, which do currently work.

Any thoughts or advice are appreciated. Thank you!

Barry

Difficult one – nothing obvious is standing out – but given the nature of the function I suspect there is a Javascript conflict somewhere. Is it possible a script enqueued by your theme is capturing click events and preventing onward propagation, for instance?

You could test this theory out by selectively disabling those scripts that are put in place by your theme.

Does that help at all?

Marcus
    Participant

Thanks for getting back with the suggestion. I’ve gone so far as to strip everything out except the jquery and Tribe javascript, any extras out of the header and footer, leaving the default Tribe template, and it still doesn’t take within that “theme.”

It’s hard to pin down within the general chaos of WordPress, so it looks like I’ll be writing my own nav, bypassing the ajax with php generated links.

Barry

OK, well unfortunately – given it works just fine with a default theme such as Twenty Thirteen – there isn’t too much more we can suggest, other than that if you have made any customizations to your Tribe templates you might try restoring them to the originals to see if that has any impact (in the context of your custom theme).

Barry

OK, well unfortunately – given it works just fine with a default theme such as Twenty Thirteen – there isn’t too much more we can suggest, other than that if you have made any customizations to your Tribe templates you might try restoring them to the originals to see if that has any impact (in the context of your custom theme).

Marcus
    Participant

I had to check back, your last suggestion set off a light bulb and I modified my approach on isolating the problem. I’ve found the unlikely culprit: A Formstack form-generating javascript in my footer which creating a conflict this whole time, but not throwing errors. That thing has been nothing but trouble.

In any case, thanks for your help in reaching a solution (as obscure as is was)!

Kelly
    Participant

Well done getting to the bottom of things, marcustrapp. That is a tricky one!

Thanks for letting us know!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘List View Ajax Difficulties’ is closed to new replies.