List Ticket Price on Event List

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus List Ticket Price on Event List

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    1vertica
    Participant

Hi Barry
    We have pasted your templates as is and price still isn’t pulling through.
    Don’t really know where to go from here – perhaps it’s a setting in the back-end we’re missing?
    I can send you a login for the back-end for you to take a look?

We have loaded a couple of events onto a test domain – http://cvprofessor.com

Barry

I’m not sure either – what I can say is that it works for me and a couple of other users, so it’s puzzling that it isn’t working for you.

If you set up a test environment with just a default and unmodified Twenty Twelve theme – and The Events Calendar, WooTickets and WooCommerce (latest versions of each) installed and activated are you able to see this working there?

As you can appreciate, we do have limited support bandwidth and so we unfortunately can’t always take a hands on approach with what are after all non-standard customizations (you could also consider hiring a developer/designer for support here, if you are really stuck).

1vertica
    Participant

Hi Barry
    I have done this here http://cvprofessor.com/workshop/test-event/
    And the price is not displaying on the listingas you can see.

I will again ask my developer to look into this – is there anything else in the back-end we should be looking at?

The post earlier in this thread mentions something

1vertica
    Participant

I’ve even created a new event in this theme with it’s own ticket and price so that everything is fresh and still nothing.
    see http://cvprofessor.com/workshops for the list and the event ‘Third twenty-twelve event’ is the one just created.

Barry

OK, since I can’t see the setup what I’d suggest is some ‘manual’ debugging to try and figure out what’s going on. Try editing your modified list template as per the instructions in this snippet.

What do you see on the list view/can you let me know when you’ve made that change?

1vertica
    Participant

Hi Barry, we have included the snippet in our list.php file and see nothing different in the page. We have now also copied the events folder to the TwentyTwelve theme and tested its working with a h2 header at the top of the page so we know the template overrides are working, just not outputting anything.

Barry

Yes, you should definitely be working with template overrides (ie, in your theme directory) for this. In any case, in (your modified) list.php template try replacing this section with this version.

Barry

Sorry, my mistake. I was assuming for a moment you were using the modified version of list.php you had created previously but of course you stated you were now using the version I originally suggested so the above instructions aren’t going to be relevant.

Barry

OK, so if you want to share access details (to your test/dev site) as a private message I can take a quick look at this.

Barry

… And one other point, just to continue the bombardment of messages (!), if I visit this event http://cvprofessor.com/workshop/third-twenty-twelve-event/ I am not seeing the ticket form. Are the tickets definitely on sale?

1vertica
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks!

OK, so the problem was simply that the excerpt was being displayed/used and I had not set it up to display ticket prices on the list in those circumstances.

I’ve remedied it though so the ticket price is shown when the excerpt or the full content is displayed by changing list.php to this code instead.

1vertica
    Participant

Hi Barry
    Great news – we were thinking it must be something simple that was sescaping us.
    There are a couple of final things we require that don’t seem to be working. .. this is around having a ‘Book’ button on both the events listing page and the event details page that adds the product to the cart.

So
    1) we require a ‘Book’ link on the event list page – this should just add one ticket to the cart and redirect straight to there
    2) there is a ‘Book’ link in 2 places on the event details pages – this is great as it is what we want – however, it doesn’t work!

Thanks again for the help

Barry

Are these ‘book’ links something you’ve put in place yourself in place of the regular ticket form?

1vertica
    Participant

Nope – as far as I understand it we haven’t done anything since you have implemented your changes.
    Please view an example listing event above on our site to see what we mean … That’s appeared since you have changed things – we thought you were helping us out as this would be our next request as per earlier in the post but it is clearly something else??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘List Ticket Price on Event List’ is closed to new replies.