List single events above recurring events in list view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List single events above recurring events in list view

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Glyn
    Participant

Hi,

We notice on our events list that all recurring events are listed first for a day, with all single events listed after. We would like that order to be reversed, where on a given day, all the single items are displayed first, with all of the recurring events listed after. Do you have suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Glyn!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with this topic.

By default, the events should be ordered by their event start date/time in the list view. Are you experiencing something different? If so, this could be an issue, so please point us out to a link where we can see that happening.

You can create custom lists using the tribe_events shortcode > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

If you want to further customize the templates, you can do so by following one of the methods provided in our themer’s guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Let us know about it and if you have any other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Glyn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Glyn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Glyn!

Thanks for coming back with all the information.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to modify the order in which all-day events show up in the list view. It would require custom coding that modifies the main events query to achieve that.

We are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that. That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

In the following thread there is an example Cliff came up with on how you can customize the main events query with a custom snippet > https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/a-function-to-exclude-a-tag-from-the-main-events-query-but-not-the-shortcode/

I hope it helps as a starting place. Let me know if you have any questions and I’d be happy to help as much I can.

Best,
    Victor

Glyn
    Participant

Ok, I am going to play around with the idea of not marking events as all day events and make having start and end times listed in all single day events.

Would there be a way to list multi-day events below single day events?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Glyn!

I will reach out to the team to see if we can come up with a snippet to change the order in which all-day events appear in the lists.

I will come back as soon as I have something. Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘List single events above recurring events in list view’ is closed to new replies.