List of Views in Month Error Pt Deux – 4.2.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List of Views in Month Error Pt Deux – 4.2.1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

Hey there! Me again. Geoff wrote that the new update to 4.2.1 would correct the list of errors in the month view, and while it did get rid of a few of them, a few still remain. I’ve quoted the errors below and you can find a printscreen of what the website looks like. I’m going to revert back to the previous version recommended by Hunter, but I figured I’d pass along the info to y’all smarter-than-I developers.

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data01/29/2580929/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/JSON_LD/Venue.php on line 51

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data01/29/2580929/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/JSON_LD/Venue.php on line 51

Some feedback in case this ticket is assigned to someone new. Hunter got me to disable all the plugins save Events Calendar and revert back to 2014 with no dice.

Thanks for ya’lls help and your updates. My feeble mind thanks you.

PS – If I can be picky, is there a way to disable showing how a meet recurs? It’s throwing off my website. Pic attached! Look at the red box.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you very much for sharing the log Heather. This is super useful info. I am sorry this issue was still mainfesting, but using the data you’ve shared we’ll reopen the issue surrounding this and see what’s up. I’ll get back to you with what we find or once we have a fix available. Let me know if you have any questions in the mean time.

Cheers!

– Brook

Heather
    Participant

Hey Brock, thanks for lookin’ into this! Unfortunately, it looks like my “downgrade” has disabled my Facebook import feature (which is so awesome, I’d name my first child after it). Is there a workaround you might suggest? Like another version that would allow the import from Facebook w/o the errors on the month view (ie current version)? Your thoughts would be much appreciate for both myself and my future offspring, Facebook Import Jr.

Brook
    Participant

That’s strange it disappeared. Did you downgrade all of the Tribe plugins? If one is on the 4.1.0 version they all should be.

Technically one thing that should hide those errors, even on 4.2, is by setting WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY to false in your wp-config.php, as outlined in that document. If that does not work you might try also adding this to your theme’s functions.php:

error_reporting(0);

That should hide all errors on your website including the ones you’re currently seeing. I had one user claim it did not work, but I am not certain whether or not they inserted it right. With how WordPress is designed it should work, at least in theory. Did that work for you?

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Heather!

I just heard back from the developer assigned to fixing this ticket. He noted that he has never been able to reproduce the errors your seeing, and neither has anyone on the team. That’s why when he pushed a “fix” in 4.2.1 last week it did not fix everything. He had no way of confirming whether the fix worked.

Now, we could do the same thing again, and hope that our fix will work. Or even better we could collect more information and find a way to reproduce this issue. Would you be willing to share a dump of your database, such as one exported via PHPMyAdmin? No worries if not, we can still do our best here but it will be hard to make guarantees.

Cheers!

– Brook

Heather
    Participant

Hey Brook. Firstly – thanks, yes, I had some weird cherry picked assortment of backdated downloads that disabled the Facebook import feature. Did your recommendation of 4.1’s and we’re back in business!

As far as what ya’ll need, if you tell me the steps to do it (Godaddy Managemed WordPress – I hate me too) I’d be happy to help.

As for the wp-config, Godaddy in all its glory has a standing “30 minute elevator music required” wait time on managed wordpress assistance, so I went with the downgrade instead.

Let me know what ya’ll need and I’ll help any way I can – only fair since ya’ll have been doing the same for me 🙂

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for your willingness to help!

GoDaddy seems to have a help article applicable to your hosting service: Export MySQL Databases . I would try following that. It will give you a file downloaded on your computer, that you could then upload here alongside a reply. If you do upload it be sure to check the box “Set as private reply” that way only Tribe Employees will have access to it. It’s always best to keep copies of your DB away from the public.

If that’s too much of a pain, or if the GoDaddy walkthrough is not applicable to your setup, no worries. I don’t want to inconvenience you. We really appreciate the amount of assistance you’ve offered already. 🙂

• Brook
    Geoff

Hey there, Heather!

We wanted to follow-up to let you know that we were able to patch this up in The Events Calendar 4.2.2, which is now available to download and install if you haven’t done so already.

Please do be sure to check out our release notes for a full overview of what’s new in the release and feel free to let us know if you run into this or any other issues after the update.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

George
    Participant

Hey Heather!

I just wanted to check in quickly here to see if the recent 4.2.2 release of The Events Calendar has helped with these issues at all?

😀

— George

Heather
    Participant

George you beautiful human, you! The update works wonderfully. Sorry for the delayed response – my basking in the sun at the beach for a week doesn’t make your all’s awesomeness any less spectacular!

Thanks much and when in doubt, rock on.

Brook
    Participant

Excellent! Happy to hear that.

• Brook
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘List of Views in Month Error Pt Deux – 4.2.1’ is closed to new replies.