List of Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List of Events

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    midwestmarketing
    Participant

Perhaps I used the wrong search terms but couldn’t find this issue. On the site the events for October only list the first 2 weeks but if you go to November > the list shows all events for that month. Why? If I go to October 16 > there are events. How can I display all future event? For instance, from October 1 thru December 31?

Barry

Hi midwestmarketing,

I’m sorry you’re hitting difficulties.

Can you provide me with a little more context or point me to one or more URLs where I can see the problem? On visiting your main events page at the URL you provided when you opened the thread, I see month view for October and there are events in all of the weeks – not just the first two.

(Please also note that I’ve moved this across to the Events Calendar PRO forum from the Community Events forum as that seems like a more suitable home for it – however the thread URL should remain the same and you should also remain subscribed to notifications, if you chose to do that originally 🙂 )

Am I misunderstanding?

Barry

… One other note, there seems to be a fairly big gap between your copy of Events Calendar PRO (which you note is at 3.6.1) and The Events Calendar itself (which you noted is at 3.8) … is there a reason for that?

midwestmarketing
    Participant

Sorry I will try to be a little more clear. In the LIST view on the right side of the mini calendar October is only showing events up to the 16th. There are events in October after that date.
    If, on the mini calendar, a viewer selects November events range from November 1 to November 29. How can I get ALL future events to show in the LIST view on the right of the mini calendar? The mini calendar shows/links to all the events of the month.

I have tried using the snippets of code found on your site but those did not work either.
    // Retrieve any upcoming events starting October 1st, 2014, or later
    $events = tribe_get_events( array(
    ‘eventDisplay’ => ‘upcoming’,
    ‘start_date’ => ‘2014-10-01’
    ) );
    As for the version difference, I don’t know there was another developer or developers that did some custom code on the events calendar(s).

Barry

OK, so if I’m understanding you correctly your concern is with the number of lists that normally display below the mini calendar widget.

The number of events in this list is constrained by the widget settings: there is a field labelled number of events to show and you can increase this to any number you like.

Does that help/explain things? If not or if I’m still misunderstanding could you provide a URL (by private reply if you prefer) linking me to a live example? I did visit your site, but there were no links to list view: on fashioning a URL to take me there regardless I could see no sign of the calendar widget, so it’s hard to know if I’m interpreting things correctly or not.

midwestmarketing
    Participant

OK went to events->settings and increased the number to 100. By default, October is now showing events thru the 17th (not the full list of events as i had hoped) even though there are events beyond that date. (http://gotmine.com) November is still showing just events in November (as one would expect). Is there a way to show all future events if no month is selected? For example: by default instead of showing just October (or current month) show all future events unless a specific month is chosen?
    http://screencast.com/t/j4xg2k4d (calendar on left – list on right) on the home page of url
    list on the right does not show all future/upcoming events no matter how much I increase the events->settings ->number of events to show

Barry

Instead of visiting Events > Settings can you visit Appearance > Widgets and adjust the settings for the widget itself?

November is still showing just events in November (as one would expect). Is there a way to show all future events if no month is selected? For example: by default instead of showing just October (or current month) show all future events unless a specific month is chosen?

Certainly possible, as a customization, but that isn’t what the widget has been designed to do: the events list widget on the other hand can be used to show a list of upcoming events that spans across multiple months.

Does that help?

midwestmarketing
    Participant

Yes that did I didn’t think to look at the widget 🙁 ok will have to see if creating the custom code is something that is necessary. Sorry for all the confusion and thanks for your help.

Barry

No problem at all – I hope you get things into the shape you’re aiming for 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘List of Events’ is closed to new replies.