List of events showing older to newer

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List of events showing older to newer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    quiquealien
    Participant

Hi,
    When showing events in list view they show older to newer.
    How can I show them newer to older?
    Thanks

Casey D

Hello quiquealien!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Can you be more specific? The default functionality of the list view is to display events in chronological order, with the soonest event appearing first. For example >> http://wpshindig.com/events/upcoming/

Is that the functionality you are looking for?

Also, I tried but can’t find the events page on your site. Could you post a link here?

Thanks!

– Casey Driscoll

quiquealien
    Participant

Hello Casey,
    Thanks for answering, the events I post are turistic places, most of them permanenet. When I show them in list view, show the oldest first and the last I produced below. This is a example http://www.quiquealien.com/blog/eventos/categoria/agenda/andalucia/
    as you can see, the list start in January even though it´s end of April.
    Thanks, kind regards

Casey D

Hi quiquealien!

After talking to the rest of the team, this is an especially challenging request. It might even be impossible with our current plugin; the paradigm of the system make break in places if we were to flip what is ‘backwards’ and ‘forwards’, especially if events that are several years long.

Ultimately I would reconsider the way you are storing and presenting events. I think of events as a one time event that a person would attend in one trip and then return somewhere else. The longer the ‘event’ the more like a ‘trip’ it becomes, and that needs another presentation style. ‘Trips’ for example can contain many ‘events.’

That said, you’re more than welcome to try! Unfortunately that level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums, but if you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could maybe make a template override to display what you want. I say maybe very hesitantly. More than likely it won’t be possible with the current plugin.

As always, if you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Does this make sense? Let me know if can explain it better.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

quiquealien
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Thanks for answering, as I understand the list view will always show older to newer, despite my events are permanent. If you have an event of 2 months, will show up above any current event of 2 days. Obviously, an archeologic museum tends to be a permanent event, but an art gallery performs expositions of a period of time. My intention is to show all of them on a given date choosing by geographic areas. On the month view is not a problem, they show correct, but this view is not very useful for mobile devices, this is the reason I would like to show them in list. For me the solution would be to show in the order I publish, but I understand is a very particular need. Regarding the “trips” you mentioned, I don´t know anything about it. Is that a category? A different format?
    Many thanks

Casey D

Sounds good, I think I understand better now.

If you want to create a view based on publish date instead of event date, I would check out our Themer’s Guide. You could probably make a template override to display what you want. Unfortunately that level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums. But that is where I would start.

Regarding the ‘trips’ comment, that was just a bad example on my part to explain the difference between ‘events’ and ‘not-really-events’. 🙂

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello quiquealien,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘List of events showing older to newer’ is closed to new replies.