List of Classes

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List of Classes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Charmaine Taylor
    Participant

We are using the Events Calendar Pro on a new website. The website has some text that should appear above the calendar. We can see the text in the control panel; however, it isn’t appearing on the page. This problem occurred after the calendar was added. Also the layout of the calendar on the page we’re having a problem with, does not look like the layout on the other pages. Please see the code/text below:

The Open Mind Center hosts and participates in special events that are meant to uplift the mind, body, and spirit. Such events include book signings, holiday celebrations, art exhibitions, poetry slams and yoga workshops.

Join us for these events as they will be sure to promote joy, laughter, wisdom, and community.

events

Customized Events
    Are you ready to rock your spirit? If so, our customized events are the perfect solution for your next gathering! Allow us to customize a party or event to your specific needs. We can provide a psychic reader, introduce you to some unique products or even have one of our skilled instructors teach you a topic of your choosing. The possibilities are endless. This is the perfect opportunity to gather your circle of friends for a few hours of spiritual excitement and exploration.

<p style=”text-align: justify; margin-bottom:-20px;”>Call or email us so we may customize an event package for your needs.</p>
    [eventsplus_category event_category_id=”special”]

Can you tell me what the problem is?

Thank you,

Charmaine

Charmaine Taylor
    Participant

In my prior email, I neglected to ask you how to revert the calendar back to it’s original state. By the way, the picture and text that are displaying in my prior email, are not displaying on the websites page.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can help out here.

So is that text and image suppose to show on every event page? Or just on the main views (month, list, etc)?

Is this content in the Events Setting: “Add HTML before event content”?

If not where is the content at on your site?

Charmaine Taylor
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you. I passed your email onto my developer. He worked some more on the site and this link shows what the page with the Events page now looks like: http://screencast.com/t/WT8KZ1k6Kx.

Can you tell me what the code should be to embed the calendar (to make the calendar work)? Please note that the website was move to theopenmindcenter.com?

Also, on each class page (e.g. http://theopenmindcenter.com/classes-workshops/spiritual-inquiry-practice/), I like to have a picture (currently on the page), followed by a class category description (currently on the page), followed by the individual class descriptions. How can I achieve this?

Right now the site is live and my customers cannot see the classes. HELP!

Thanks,

Charmaine

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is no code to embed for the calendar to work it creates its own section usually with the url /events/

It sounds like it is a theme conflict.

Do you have a page called events? If so please delete it completely by deleting and emptying the trash as it causing the calendar to not show.

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks

Charmaine Taylor
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I passed your response unto the web designer. However, can you tell me if it is possible to have a page that includes a picture, general description, and the calendar below the description? Or, does the calendar need its own page that cannot include a picture and general description about the types of classes we offer above it?

Thanks,

Charmaine

Brian
    Keymaster

to have a page that includes a picture, general description, and the calendar below the description? Or, does the calendar need its own page that cannot include a picture and general description about the types of classes we offer above it?

You can use the “Add HTML before event content” in the display section of the event settings, but that places the content on every event page including the single events.

Or you can follow our themer’s guide to target just the month view or any other view and place content above it:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘List of Classes’ is closed to new replies.