List Of Artists

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus List Of Artists

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hi!

We’re an eleven-day music festival with over 80 artists. We were hoping that there was some way we would be able to use our events/event calendar to create an artist listing or directory using the information already plugged into the calendar. The goal here is to avoid creating a bunch of redundant content(aka individual artist pages) for the customer/viewer and be able to link to the events they’re performing at/how to get tickets.

Is this at all possible using WooCommerce?

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

Thanks for reaching out!

While our plugins themselves or WooCommerce don’t provide this functionality, we DID just acquire GigPress, a free plugin that offers some of this “Artist”-focused functionality. It’s actually built for musicians, specifically.

Like I mentioned, it’s free, so check it out here → http://gigpress.com/

We just acquired that plugin this week, so its integration with The Events Calendar and Event Tickets and such isn’t 100% yet, but I hope it’s a helpful tool that saves some time!

Cheers,
    George

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

I forgot to mention this handy article covering some of the details about GigPress and our calendar plugins working together: https://theeventscalendar.com/gigpress-with-the-events-calendar-and-event-tickets/

Like I said, the integration is not 100% complete yet, but there’s a lot of nice features here so definitely explore those options and let me know if there’s anything else I can try to help with!

Sincerely,
    George

Paul
    Participant

Thanks George.

I’ve installed GigPress and I’ll play with it. If I decide to use it, am I correct in thinking that the following would be the content management process?:

1. Create the events in GigPress
    2. Export/import to Events Calendar
    3. Edit/customize the Events Calendar entries as required?

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

Yes, those things each do fall under the definition of “content management.”

Paul
    Participant

Thanks. But I wasn’t asking about the definition of content management, but rather if that’s the most efficient process for integrating the two products for now.

George
    Participant

Sorry for my misreading of that! IN terms of the best process for integrating the products, I would recommend creating the events with The Events Calendar and NOT GigPress. GigPress provides an “artists” feature that might be handy; that’s all I was suggesting about that plugin—the event creation itself, though, should be with The Events Calendar itself.

I hope this is helpful—and if you haven’t seen it already, the GigPress documentation is a helpful resource in its own right → http://gigpress.com/docs/

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘List Of Artists’ is closed to new replies.