List events by organizer in template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List events by organizer in template

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Pirman
    Participant

Hi there,

Each winery posts events for their venue(s) and we’d like to show a list of upcoming events on each of their pages.
    (e.g. https://urbanwinetrailsb.com/winery/carr-vineyards-winery/)

Ideally, we want to show the featured image for the event as well.

Thank you

Hi Bradley,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

You may be interested in the following extension, which can allow you to list venues and organizers via a shortcode:

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/list-venues-and-organizers-shortcodes/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Bradley Pirman
    Participant

Hi there Jaime,

That looks like a pretty rockin’ extension. But what I’m hoping to do is list “events by venue” or list “events by organizer”. I’m not looking to list venues or organizers on their own. Does that make sense?
    From what I read, I don’t think the extension you mention will accomplish my wish. 😉

Any further help?

Hi Bradley,

Another thing you can do is to make you venue and organizer pages available for users to view.  You can find those pages by hovering over Events on the backend, and click on Venues or Organizers.

You can then create pages that will be visible for users on the frontend.

Thanks,

Jaime

Bradley Pirman
    Participant

Thanks for the response.

I was really looking for a way to add a list of events to my own page. I would rather not use the venue or organizer page.

Hi Bradley,

You can add events to any page with a shortcode.  Here are the available shortcodes:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

You can add a venue or organizer attribute to many shortcodes, so that you can display that option.

Thanks,

Jaime

Bradley Pirman
    Participant

That’s a nice looking shortcode ya got there…but it does it allow filtering by venue or organizer?

Barry

Hi Bradley,

You’re right – that widget probably won’t accomplish quite what you’re looking for.

I’m unsure how exactly you’re linking your winery posts to events, but you’re probably going to need to do a bit of custom dev here. Writing the code for this sort of thing is generally beyond what we can help with, but we do have useful guides that might help you get started, such as this one:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-tribe_get_events

If there are any other more specific questions you might have about this, definitely let me know and I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction if I can – but, as above, it rather looks like something where a bit of custom dev work will be required.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘List events by organizer in template’ is closed to new replies.