List and day views apparently broken with foreign languages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List and day views apparently broken with foreign languages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alexander
    Participant

Already posted this, but now I paid for PRO. Also didn’t get answers on wordpress.org.

The Russian translation, for example, use Cyrillic in the link for the list or day view: https://cyhacker.com/events/список/ and https://cyhacker.com/events/сегодня/ respectively. But there’s no page at this link, they’re still at /list/ and /today/.

I don’t see any settings for the list and day view page names, so will I have do an edit in the .php or .po files?

What I did was modified the translations from Russian back to English, and it worked. So the Translation for “list” can’t be “список”. It has to be “list”. Seems like a bug if we want full translation support.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Alexander,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums!

There is no setting for the slugs on the different views. You will need to translate the strings in the .po files.

Note, after you translate them, upload the .po / .mo files to wp-content/languages/plugins folder, this way your translations will remain even after a plugin update.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions related to this topic.

Here are a couple on articles regarding translations which might be useful for you, or in case you would like to contribute:

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘List and day views apparently broken with foreign languages’ is closed to new replies.