List all events and sort by latest date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List all events and sort by latest date

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Terrance

Hi,
    I’m able to use WP_Query to list out all the event in the event list. How can I sort them by the latest date. What is the parameter for orderby, or is there any better way of listing all events?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

We should be able to help you with this. I’ll get Jonah to comment directly.

Jonah
    Participant

If you are working with WP_Query you should be able to use all parameters available to it. However, I would suggest using the plugin native function tribe_get_events instead because if you’re trying to orderby with WP_Query it’s going to order by the published date and not the date of the events.

To query using tribe_get_events you would do something like this:

global $post;
    $all_events = tribe_get_events( array('eventDisplay'=>'all', 'posts_per_page'=>-1) );
    foreach($all_events as $post) : setup_postdata($post);
    echo '';
    the_title();
    echo '
    ';

if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) {
    echo '<a href="';
    the_permalink();
    } else {
    echo the_excerpt();
    }
    endforeach;

You can change eventDisplay to ‘past’, ‘upcoming’, ‘day’, ‘all’ or ‘month’ and then you can still use all the other parameters available with WP_Query.

Hope that helps,
    Jonah

Terrance

Thanks! Jonah. Got it working.

Jonah
    Participant

Glad to hear! Let us know if you need anything else.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘List all events and sort by latest date’ is closed to new replies.