Linking Caspio directory to the "Venue" pages (passing parameters?)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Linking Caspio directory to the "Venue" pages (passing parameters?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sandy

This is probably beyond the forum’s purpose and I may have to hire one of you guys to do this separately, but any advice/direction would be appreciated:

I am using Caspio for my business directory, but rather than link my detailed results to the regular Caspio page, I’d like it to link to the corresponding Venue page in ECP because:
    A) I like your layout;
    B) it doesn’t make sense having the directory results duplicated on two different pages on the site
    C) This allows the upcoming events to appear along with the directory info.

Is this possible? According to Caspio, if ECP allows for “passing parameters,” then it shouldn’t be too difficult to set up. This is the link to their page on parameters: http://howto.caspio.com/parameters/

If this isn’t an option, can you think of another way of reaching the same results?

Thanks,
    Sandy

Rob

Hey Sandy. Let me get Jonah to take a look and see whether there’s an easy way to accomplish this.

Sandy

Much appreciated

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Sandy,

I don’t really understand what you’re trying to do. Do you want the Venue information from ECP displayed on one of your Caspio pages? Can you please provide some more details to help me understand.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Rob

Sandy: let us know your thoughts here and we’ll do what we can to assist.

Sandy

Let me see if I can explain it better:
    Using Caspio, I’ve created a business directory that includes numerous local Venues and attractions. After the preliminary search, there is a brief results page with a link to drill down deeper to a details page. The Caspio details page pretty much gives the same info as your venue page, but the caspio page doesn’t have the “upcoming events” info that your venue page has. Therefore, what I’d like to do is have link to the details page open into your venue page instead. I’m sure I can create those links one at a time in the data table, but with hundreds of venues I’d rather see if it’s possible to do it automatically.

Per Caspo, theirs can do this if your plug in can pass parameters back and forth. That’s where I get lost in the weeds.

Any suggestions?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Sandy,

So you want any Venues created in WordPress to show in Caspio so you can select them and link to them? That’s going to be pretty complex and would likely need to be coded within Caspio to tap into the WordPress database and pull those records in and then create a drop down to be able to select which ones you want to link to…

Regards,
    Jonah

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Linking Caspio directory to the "Venue" pages (passing parameters?)’ is closed to new replies.