Link to specific event url in meetup, and import thumbnail image

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Link to specific event url in meetup, and import thumbnail image

• This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jvolvovski.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jvolvovski
    Participant

Hi,
    I am importing meetup events to my calendar from meetup.com. I’d like to encourage users to RSVP for the event by giving them a link back to the specific event in meetup, but right now the URL that appears in the “website” field, links to the main meetup page, not the specific event. Is that information logged somewhere, and how can I get access to it.

I am also having an issue with the linked images in meetup not getting imported to the featured image field. Can that be resolved as well?

(Right now the site is hosted only locally)

Thanks,
    Jenny

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with this topic.

By default, the website URL should be the event url so it’s strange that you are getting the main meetup page in that field.

Is this happening with all events from meetup or just one in particular?

Could you please share with us the URL (in a private reply if you’d like) where you are trying to import events from?

We’ll run some tests and see if get the same results.

Thanks,
    Victor

jvolvovski
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny!

Thanks for coming back with the URL.

I run an import and the Website URL imported properly and links to the meetup event as expected.

I can see from your screenshot that the website URL shown is actually the one for the event. Is the actual link still sending you to https://www.meetup.com/ ?

If so, please try switching to a default theme (like Twenty Seventeen) and see if any difference.

Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

jvolvovski
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by jvolvovski.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by jvolvovski.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny!

Thanks for testing that out.

After some other tests I get the same results. This seems to happen if you import events using the group URL. If you use the single event URL, it correctly imports the Meetup event URL.

I have created a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

jvolvovski
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    When do you think the new plugin will be released? Do you have an ETA?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny,

I’ve just checked the report and it has already been assigned to one of our developers.

We can’t really commit to a date for a fix, but it generally takes a few weeks to get into a maintenance release cycle of our plugins.

With this error specifically, there is a chance of taking less time, as it may only need a fix on the Event Aggregator server side of things, which won’t need an update of your plugins.

Rest assured we will let you know once fixed.

Best,
    Victor

jvolvovski
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    Since I don’t know when this bug will he fixed I’d like to request a refund. I submitted two tickets on the refund page, but have not heard back. Can you please issue a refund as soon as possible.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for following up with this.

I’ve just checked the bug report and it seems the bug has already been fixed by the developer in charge. It still has to undergo QA test before it gets released, but it has been included to be released in our next deployment of our Event Aggregator service.

If you still want to proceed with the refund, please let me know and I’ll take care of it.

Best,
    Victor

jvolvovski
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny!

I’ve gone ahead and issued a refund for your order and the funds should be back in your account within 5-10 business days.

We hope to see you again soon 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things.

If you consider giving it another try and need any assistance we’ll be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to specific event url in meetup, and import thumbnail image’ is closed to new replies.