Link to Facebook

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Link to Facebook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jan Robert Johnsen
    Participant

Hi, we all have given up on the PB aggregator, but I still have your plug-in installed.

Since people are getting frustrated about FB, we as a chamber of commerce, wonder if the time has come to think differently. If we establish a community calendar, where all our members have access – is it possible to register an event and then share it as an event on you FB page – with the right user-account?

We don’t dare to throw out FB events over night, but we don’t want members to register the same event two times either. Any solution for that? Any idea on how this can be done as smoothly as possible?

Jan Robert

Courtney

Hey again Jan

I hope the boating life has been good to you lately.

We do have a way for people to submit events with Community Events and Community Tickets if you want to charge for tickets. With these plugins, you can choose to accept user submitted events as a draft until you’ve reviewed them, or you could password protect who can submit, and you can allow events to go live immediately.

However, there’s no easy way to really then have Facebook automated in this process from within our plugin. You could use a number of tools to go from RSS of your entire site, or even just Events, to your page. https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-pages/integrations/rss/39/share-new-blog-posts-to-your-facebook-page is one I’ve used before.

See https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/events-rss-feed/.

Does that make sense? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to Facebook’ is closed to new replies.