Link to Facebook Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Link to Facebook Event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

I noticed that this posting suggested a work-around for displaying a link to the Facebook event on the event detail page. http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-sync-facebook-events-add-link-to-facebook-event-on-calendar?replies=2
    I’ve asked the original author to elaborate – but if anyone has some insight – I’d really like to know which file needs to be updated (and sample code) to display a link to the facebook event.

Barry

Hi Michael.

That post on the wordpress.org forums relates to a third party plugin that I can’t really help you with.

Although our own Facebook Events plugin ought to track the Facebook event ID (and looks like it should) I don’t think it actually is, so give me a moment to look into that in some more detail in case it’s a bug or in case I’m just missing something obvious and I’ll get back to you.

Thanks for your patience!

Barry

Okey dokey, so yeah I was missing the obvious there. Basically, if you haven’t already done so please read up on template overrides first of all.

What you could then do is add a snippet like this one to your custom events/single.php template – the complete amended version might look like this.

Does that help here?

Barry
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to Facebook Event’ is closed to new replies.