Link to Facebook Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Link to Facebook Event

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pandology
    Participant

hey guys …

i import all the events featured on the site through facebook.

i would like to add a link to the actual event of facebook, so viewers can go directly to it

how is this possible please?

thanks,

Miguel

Jonah
    Participant

Hi pandology,

I’m not sure how to do this myself and will need to check with one of our developers. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    Jonah

pandology
    Participant

oki mate … thought it would be a pretty basic setting since the post is imported directly from the same fb link. i’ll wait for your answer. thanks!

Timothy Wood
    Participant

Hey Miguel, we’ve had that request a few times in the past but never needed to really worry about it since the Facebook ID is stored as a meta for the event and anyone could build the link with just that piece of info. With the new Meta Factory for events and working on documentation it made sense to cook up a little function and also show how to integrate it into the meta display. So without further ado I present a new template tag ‘tribe_event_get_facebook_link’ as well as how to integrate it into your event meta: https://gist.github.com/codearachnid/6067127

pandology
    Participant

Hey Tim!

Thanks a lot for that … though i need to ask you a pretty basic/stupid question … as i’m not that sharp on development …

I haven’t yet managed to figure out where the code you sent should be placed. Whether i should create a new php file called “tribe_event_get_facebook_link.php” or if I should insert the parts of the code in their relative php files.

hope that’s clear! thanks in advance!

m

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Miguel,

It looks like all of that code you should just be able to place in your themes functions.php file. Tim might have some pointers or instructions otherwise, but I would try that first.

– Jonah

Rob

Miguel, did Jonah’s follow-up point you in the right direction? Have you tried dropping this into functions.php ? Let us know and we’ll get you what you need if there are still unanswered questions. Cheers.

pandology
    Participant

ohhh yess 🙂 just tried it now and it works very well, now i’m being returned with links to the Facebook Event, Venue and Promoter.

thanks a lot!

Jonah
    Participant

Great Miguel! Let us know if there’s anything else you need help with.

– Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to Facebook Event’ is closed to new replies.