Link to event from facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Link to event from facebook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marlene Hassel
    Participant

If I copy the URL of an event in the calendar and post it on facebook, the title in the facebook post is that of the home page and not of the event.
    And there’s no featured image.
    How do I get the title, image and excerpt of the event to show up in the facebook post?

Marlene Hassel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Marlene Hassel
    Participant

Never mind, I figured it out. It works when maintenance mode is disabled.

But now I have a few supplementary questions.

The event title is now included in the facebook post, but with the string “Upcoming Event – ” added before it.
    How do I change that?

The description below the title in the facebook post is a mess. Is it possible to get just the date, time and excerpt there instead?

The featured image of the event is only included on some of the events. What’s up with that?

Marlene Hassel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Awesome, so glad to hear you figured that out, Marlene!

The event title is now included in the facebook post, but with the string “Upcoming Event – ” added before it. How do I change that?

I’m afraid that’s the way Facebook renders the content when it reads the URL. There’s unfortunately no setting in the plugin that would control the way Facebook chooses the content.

The description below the title in the facebook post is a mess. Is it possible to get just the date, time and excerpt there instead?

I think that would require changing the event template itself, which is a bit of custom development:

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php

The featured image of the event is only included on some of the events. What’s up with that?

That’s again something with the way Facebook chooses to grab the information. If the event has a featured image attached to it, then it should work, but Facebook ultimately makes the call on what it chooses to display.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to event from facebook’ is closed to new replies.