Link to day 1 of event redirects to day 2 of event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Link to day 1 of event redirects to day 2 of event

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

I have an event published here as a recurring event for August 25th and 26th.

When I click the August 25th instance of the recurring event, the site seems to redirect (or mislink) to the August 26th instance of the recurring event.

How do I fix this?

Neal

Hey Rob,

Welcome back and thanks for reaching out! Let’s see if we can figure out what’s going on with this. There is a redirect going on and it’s not what’s expected with a default install of our plugins.

The link for that event of 2017-08-25 redirects directly to 2017-08-26 (It is the right link though). I noticed that you’re using the Cloudflare plugin for WordPress. Does it still redirect when you disable Cloudflare? Also, check to see if you have any other redirect rules within Cloudflare that might be doing something.

If it’s still doing the same redirect after disabling Cloudflare, can you send me the your WordPress theme / child theme, with any modifications you’ve done, from that site? Please send it as a .zip file in a private reply, and share it via Dropbox, Google Drive, or whatever else is easiest for you.

Cheers,
    Neal

Rob
    Participant

Dang. I forgot I had the redirection plugin set to “Monitor changes to posts” and redirect upon a post edit. I’ve now turned that setting off for the entire site so that this issue won’t occur just with recurring events when I edit them from time to time.

It’d be nice, though, if The Events Calendar Pro played well with UrbanGiraffe.com’s redirection plugin in not triggering a redirect when a recurring event is edited and saved. I can’t think of a reason that it would be necessary to redirect to the final day of recurring events just because of a content change.

Barry

Glad you’re all sorted!

That’s an interesting thought re improved integration with the plugin you mentioned – though there are a number of popular plugins out there with comparable features (ie, they monitor changes and automatically setup redirect rules): I’m not sure it would be maintainable for us to support them all. We’ll certainly give it some thought, though 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to day 1 of event redirects to day 2 of event’ is closed to new replies.