Link to an event or the events page is not (always) working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Link to an event or the events page is not (always) working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JG
    Participant

I’m working on a new site (www.musicalsara.nl) with the Events Calendar Pro and the WooTickets plugin, based on the Salient theme.

The buttons on http://www.musicalsara.nl/#koopkaarten are not working, but if you right click and open them in a new window, it works fine. I’ve tried to find the solution in the knowledgebase and the forum’s, but I was unable to find a solution. It’s probably a simple solution, but I don’t know the answer… Can anyone help?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi JG,

First of all, thanks for reaching out to us.

Now your theme is loading things on the fly using AJAX, so to solve your issue you will need to follow me on how to do it. My best bet on the solution would be to include the missing JavaScript variable on your homepage.

If you open up the Browser console on your site and click the button it will try to load everything and then show an error because the page is missing an Variable:

Uncaught ReferenceError: tribe_js_config is not defined

To solve your issue we will enqueue this variable on your homepage, like the following.

https://gist.github.com/bordoni/a1c7248d60f4726f0845

If this doesn’t solve your problem please don’t hesitate to come back here, and I will try to help you further.

My Best Regards,

JG
    Participant

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for the reply, I’ve added this to the functions.php. There is a difference in behaviour: the correct URL now is displayed, but it still refuses to load the page. If I then remove the new code, it simply stays waiting on the main page, so it looks like we’re a bit closer to the solution. Any suggestions?

Best regards,
    JG

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi JG,

Unfortunately there is a conflict on the way your theme is loading the page and our plugin’s single event page behavior, I think it’s linked to the way your theme does the AJAX loading of the page.

This was the error given by the page:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'w' of undefined

And from what I can tell it’s originating from the method _doRender on the file ajaxify.js?ver=4.8.1 line 808.

I would suggest you try to take this problem and report to the Theme developer, since he is more familiar to the way the theme works so he would be able to help your further than me here.

Sorry that I wasn’t able to help you more, My Best Regards.

JG
    Participant

Hi Gustavo,

I’ve contacted the Salient help desk and they solved it for me. It had to do with the page transitions in the theme. If you change them into ‘standard’, everything works fine.

Regards,
    JG

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi JG,
    I’m very glad to know that you were able to solve your issue, I’m marking the correct answer and closing this topic.

My Best Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to an event or the events page is not (always) working’ is closed to new replies.