Link to an especific event upcoming list

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Link to an especific event upcoming list

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    diggeridoo
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have a structure where there is a description page for each particular course explaining the contents in full detail and apart, a calendar’s page with all the different scheduled courses.

My intention is to include in each description page a button link like “check the incoming dates of this particular course” which will show a fresh list of that specific activity scheduled from now to future.
    How is the best way to do this?

I have several categories created but, different events are behind the same category, and I want to list only the scheduled dates of a particular event.

Thanks,
    digg

Barry

Hi digg,

Using categories or tags certainly sounds like the easiest way forward to me.

I have several categories created but, different events are behind the same category, and I want to list only the scheduled dates of a particular event.

Not quite sure what problem you’re describing, but remember that an event can belong to more than one category and more than one tag. Other alternatives might include using an additional or custom field to ‘flag’ events as belonging to a certain course, but I’d personally recommend using a taxonomy (like categories or tags).

Hope that helps!

diggeridoo
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for answering.
    Yeah, I mean that I need a link directly to a event class not a category because that category has differents events class within it.
    I think tagging that particular event as you suggest could work.
    How would be the route to that particular tag?
    Maybe mysite.com/events/category/specific_tag ?
    Any reference will be very helpful.
    Thank you

Barry

Again I’m not sure I quite follow your train of thought, here. Originally you said:

My intention is to include in each description page a button link like “check the incoming dates of this particular course” which will show a fresh list of that specific activity scheduled from now to future.

So if all of these activities share a common tag or category you could link to that category – or tag – and only relevant upcoming events will be listed.

Yeah, I mean that I need a link directly to a event class not a category because that category has differents events class within it.

You can assign an event to more than one category – so you can set up a category for this specific grouping of events. I have a suspicion I’m just not grasping your specific requirements here … that being the case it may be best to play around with the plugin and try to hit on a solution that way or, if you need a higher level of support, reaching out to a developer/designer who is experienced with this plugin and who can guide you through this one-on-one.

diggeridoo
    Participant

Sorry, maybe my english are not clear as I would like, I’ll try to simplify:
    I have general categories ie: “animals” or “fruits” which have several events within them “dog,cat,mouse…” etc.
    I need the route or direct link to the all the “dogs” incoming events list, not to the all “animals” events.
    I hope this can clarifythe issue.

Thanks,

diggeridoo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Sure ok, but what I mean is if you have 10 events categorized as animals 5 of them might additionally be categorized as dogs (and “dogs” may or may not be a subcategory of “animals”).

I don’t really think there is too much more I can suggest here – if The Events Calendar Category Colors is in a sense causing the barrier here (I’m guessing because you still want “Animals” to show and be colored but not “Dogs”?) then you could look at customizing it or tweaking it.

It too has a number of filters that can be used to shape its output, but this is really the territory of custom development and I’m afraid we just can’t help with such specific requests.

diggeridoo
    Participant

Thanks for checking it, I think you got the idea.
    So, I’m not using categories but tags as commented above.
    My simple question still is how can I take a direct link to that specific tag and its associated events list?

I’m sure it have a easy a clean solution.

Barry

Hi diggeridoo: if you visit the Events → Tags admin screen you will see a list of tags and can obtain links from there (follow the View link or, depending on your browser, right click and copy the URL) – which you can then embed in your special descriptive page.

Barry

It’s been a while so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Of course if you need further help for this or any other issue please do feel free to create a new thread or threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to an especific event upcoming list’ is closed to new replies.