Link events to pages?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Link events to pages?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Is it possible to link events to pages and not the event detail view?
    So when clicking an event in the calendar view I’d like to come to a normal wp-page and not to the view that lists time, venue, organizer, google map etc.. The reason is that I have reoccurring events that are explained in normal wp-pages and the events are always in the same place. So that view is not necessary for me and would be an extra step.

Rob

Thanks for the note, Ben. A few requests have come through for this (feel free to add another to the “Feature Requests” thread), so something along these lines may be added down the road…but as it stands unfortunately no such functionality exists. If it were a relatively easy workaround we would offer up some suggestions here, but looks like you’d have to hack at the core files to get this going (which isn’t recommended). Sorry I couldn’t offer up more here.

Ben
    Participant

Thanks for your response! I think it would be a nice alternative for some to have a static page linked.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Ben, you could actually accomplish this right now by using some sort of custom field setup and overriding the default calendar/list view to conditionally detect your custom field link and if it exists, use that link instead of the event detail (single view) link.

I hope that helps,
    Jonah

Ben
    Participant

Jonah, how do I use custom fields? They’re not displayed in the backend for Events. I’m using 2.03 still, maybe this is different in 2.04 I saw something on that?

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Ben, if you want to use the built in custom field capability with the plugin you need to first create the custom fields in Settings > The Events Calendar. Scroll to the bottom and you’ll see where you can add fields. After adding a field, it will then display as an input for all your events.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Link events to pages?’ is closed to new replies.