Help Desk

Limiting venues in frontend form

I’d like to be able to select what venues appear in the venue selection dropdown in the frontend.

Is there a way to have a checkbox when editing a venue ‘use this venue in community form’ OR only have venues entered by admins to show up publicly? I figured that venues saved by registered users would only be available to them and not everybody else.

Correct Answer

hammer72,
    Unfortunately this functionality is not currently possible, but this is a great idea. Would you mind submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page? That will help us to determine if this is a feature that the rest of the community would find helpful in a future version of the plugin.

In the mean time, you could just hide the options that you don’t want to display using some CSS. If you right-click on the dropdown and select ‘Inspect Element’ (if you’re using the Chrome browser), you should be able to see the HTML that is controlling the display of the dropdown (screenshot). Just find the ID of the <li> that you want to hide and use the following CSS to hide it:

#saved_venue_chzn_o_4 {
    	display:none !important;
    }

Give that a try and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Thanks Casey, hiding via css worked fine and added it to the UserVoice page as a suggested feature.
    Cheers
    Hammer

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/lo

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

The topic ‘Limiting venues in frontend form’ is closed to new replies.