Limiting Tickets Plus in Community Events by user rolw

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Limiting Tickets Plus in Community Events by user rolw

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

How can I limit the users that can add tickets on the front end by user role? I am not quite ready to let just anyone use this functionality but I want authorized users to be able to add and monitor the ticketing. I am still in the evaluation period and this seems pretty basic to me. Maybe I should not have purchase Community Events upgrade if there is no way to control this. I assume without this piece, Tickets Plus would still work on the admin side?

Geoff B.

Good evening Thomas and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

How can I limit the users that can add tickets on the front end by user role?

This can easily be done with a plugin such as members.
    You can read all about it here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

You will need to uncheck Allow any user to create tickets and add the edit_event_tickets capability to the roles of your choice.

Finally, you could also request that all submitted events are approved by you (which is another way to control that feature).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Irrelevant. I simply can’t justify the cost. See my latest post. Maybe I
    need to follow another procedure?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Thomas,

Thank you for writing back.
    I must say I am a bit surprised by your answer.

I basically gave you the exact procedure to have authorized users to be able to add and monitor the ticketing.

This will work well in combination with Community events and Community Tickets.

Additionally, still using permissions, this procedure will also work to control the exact same thing in the back end (without Community Events or Community Tickets).

Finally, there is no cost associated with my suggestion above. So I am a bit unsure what cost you are referring to here ?

With that in mind, if you are simply looking for a refund on Community Events or Community Tickets, I will gladly do that for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Limiting Tickets Plus in Community Events by user rolw’ is closed to new replies.