Limiting Ticket Purchase Quantitiy

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Limiting Ticket Purchase Quantitiy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom D

Our team is interested is using Event Calendar along with WooTickets, but understands that the product is currently unable to capture attendee information for ticket purchases greater than one. I did see that another developer discovered a workaround to prevent users from buying more than one ticket by limiting the quantity through WooCommerce and requiring a unique user accounts for each individual purchase. However, it appeared to be messy since Event Calendar still offered the option to buy more than one ticket even though WooCommerce would not allow the purchase to be complete. This can be confusing for site visitors. We would like to know if it is possible to eliminate the option for users to buy more than one ticket for each event, even if we can disable the use of the drop down function. How feasible is this option.

Additionally, I did contact Customer Enterprise Solutions in regards to engaging your company to perform this implementation as well. I am looking to identify all possible options.

Thank you for your help.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in WooCommerce Tickets.

It is possible to limit ticket purchases to one ticket, other customers have reported getting that to work.

You can do it by following our themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

To learn how to move and edit this file which controls the ticketing form on all events:

wootickets\views\wootickets\tickets.php

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Tom D

Brian,

Thank you very much for your help. Glad to hear that the functionality is possible. Do you have insight as to the changes these individuals implemented or perhaps have a link to the associated forum posts? I was unable to find them during my initial research.

Thank you

Brian
    Keymaster

We do not have any coding to provide and I am not sure what each person did.

I have tested this plugin and got it to work for me to limit only ticket products as they all have the same product category:

WooCommerce Advanced Product Quantities:

WooCommerce Advanced Product Quantities

That was also by event so I could buy 1 ticket per event per order based on my rules. It also mentions it has a per product override as well.

I did not test this with WooCommerce 2.3 I was using 2.2.11 and not sure if it will work with 2.3 yet.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Tom D

Thank you for your help. We will attempt to implement this within the next couple of days and follow up with our results.

Thank you

Brian
    Keymaster

Great hope it works out.

If you run into issues after purchasing or have new questions you cannot find answers for please post under your account in the WooCommerce Tickets forum.

For now, I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Limiting Ticket Purchase Quantitiy’ is closed to new replies.