Limiting access to calendars import for editing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Limiting access to calendars import for editing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kara Jensen
    Participant

I have imported, via iCal, several calendars. I would like for those calendar admins to edit their events using the available fields. Such as adding a featured image, adding the venue, listing the organizers (there are sometimes several for one event) entering the event website, etc as this information just shows up in the description field. and no picture is available.

Can I create an account for them so they have access to only their events? If I make them an User of the site designating them as Editor they have access to all the events for all the other calendars.

If there a way to create a user account in Community Events so that they can access just their imported calendar and edit those events?

Otherwise everything is working perfectly šŸ™‚

Kara

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Kara,

I would love to help you with this.

That is a nifty idea you have got. Unfortunately there is no built-in way to make that happen. As you have discovered, you would need to make them an Editor on your site, and that’s no good because it allows them to edit others events as well.

It is possible in theory as a decent sized customization. You or your PHP developer could spend some dev time to create a plugin/script that adds this capability to Community. Basically what you would want to do is change the author of all those events to some user account on your website. When that user becomes the author for certain events, they will be able to edit thoseĀ events via Community > My Events.

Does that all make sense? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Limiting access to calendars import for editing’ is closed to new replies.