Limit number of tickets available per event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Limit number of tickets available per event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    reallygreen
    Participant

We have an event for which there is a limited number of tickets.
    We have three types of ticket for the event.
    As soon as we sell out of one type of ticket, we want the system to recognise that the event is fully booked.
    The normal stock control system doesn’t quite suit, as I only seem to be able to assign stock quantity per ticket type.
    Is it possible to use/modify wootickets to work in this way?

To try and explain my query further… say we have an event and it can only have one attendee. But we want to offer three types of ticket for that event, e.g. value, regular, premium. If I create the three tickets types, each with a stock of one, then it would appear that there are actually three places on the event. So how can I work around that to limit the total number of tickets for the event to one?

Barry

That’s definitely possible but it’s really beyond the scope of support we can offer to guide you through what will ultimately require some custom programming.

Also – though I appreciate this isn’t an immediately helpful to you – we’ve logged a previously made suggestion about pooling ticket inventory per event, so in the future it may be easier to do this.

As a basic strategy though you could aim to use a suitable hook such as woocommerce_order_status_completed to either ensure inventory is depleted for all of the ticket types – regardless of which is actually purchased – or else implement whatever logic suits your requirements.

Sorry we can’t offer up more on this occasion.

reallygreen
    Participant

I suspected I was asking a bit much but thanks for the speedy response and pointing us in the right direction.

Barry

No problem, it’s a great idea and again we’ve logged this for consideration in a future release (whether it will be accepted or not I don’t unfortunately know at this point).

It does have a number of challenges (what if stock is down to 10 tickets for all ticket types and someone orders 10 of all three types, for instance, an over-order of 20 tickets, etc) and there are numerous scenarios and permutations to work through here.

If you get something going it would be great to hear back – for the time being though I can only wish you luck 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Limit number of tickets available per event’ is closed to new replies.