Limit Number of Events with Shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Limit Number of Events with Shortcode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bluesteelesolutions
    Participant

I’m displaying events in a specific category using the shortcode, but want to limit the number of events it displays before loading the Next and Previous links. Ideally I’d like to show 3 with the shortcode but 10 on the main Events page.

Patricia

Hey Heather,

Thank you for reaching out to us! You can change the number of events displayed in the shortcodes by using the limit parameter. Example:

[tribe_events_list limit="3"]

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

bluesteelesolutions
    Participant

Nevermind I had a typo 🙂

Can I also specify a category with a limit? I was assuming one of these shortcodes would work for that
    [tribe_events_list limit="3" category="everything-disc-productive-conflict "]
    [tribe_events view="list" category="everything-disc-productive-conflict " limit="3"]

Patricia

Hi Heather,

I hope you’re having a good week/day. Firstly, I’d like to apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for your patience all this while! Our response time is not as fast as usual because we are attending the annual retreat.

Answering your question: yes, it is possible to display only one category with a limited number of events. In your case I believe you are adding an extra space in the end of the category name and that’s the reason why the shortcode is not working as expected.

Please replace category=”everything-disc-productive-conflict ” with category=”everything-disc-productive-conflict” and let me know how it goes!

Thanks!

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Limit Number of Events with Shortcode’ is closed to new replies.