Licensing for devel and staging enviroments

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Licensing for devel and staging enviroments

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Clark
    Participant

Hi, for all of our sites we typically have 3 environments (devel, staging and production). Would we need a license for all 3 subdomains or would a single license suffice?

George
    Participant

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out. One license should be fine but definitely reach out again if you ever find specific issues!

Once license should be “fine” because you shouldn’t even need to enter the key into all environments – basically, the license key does not affect the functionality of the plugin in any way.

A license key simply signs up a domain name for updates and support.

So, many people with similar setups as yourself will use the license key just on development – when an update is available, then, they update and development and then just push the changes up to production and/or staging…

Just an example. But again, if there are any specific issues or you need one extra environment to be licensed we can help out 🙂

Let me know if this information helps!

– George

Nathan Clark
    Participant

Awesome thanks for clarifying. Would I have any issues updating the devel and staging environment as updates are posted? Before we update plugins on production, we always test them on devel and then staging. So I just want to make sure we are covered.

George
    Participant

You can definitely update on development and staging without issue. If you want to udpate a site that doesn’t have the license key entered into it, then you can also just manually perform the update yourself by getting the latest file versions from http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads and performing the update manually. There should be no issue with that 🙂

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Licensing for devel and staging enviroments’ is closed to new replies.