Licensing

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Licensing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sean McVeigh

Hello, I have 2 sites, both of which have the free version of the events manager. What do I need to purchase so that site 1 can pull events from site 2?

Thanks.

S

Courtney

Hi Sean

I’m not familiar with the events manager.

We do have Event Aggregator, which can import events from one site running The Events Calendar 4.5 or newer into another site.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Sean McVeigh

Sorry, I mean The Events Calendar. I just uninstalled Events Manager and it was on my mind.

My question is that do I need to have the Events Aggregator and The Events Calendar running on BOTH sites to pull events from site 1 to site 2?

Or can I have The Events Calendar running on both sites and Events Aggregator running just on site 1, pulling from Site 2 that is running the free version of Events Aggregator?

S

George
    Participant

Hey Sean,

If you just need to pull events from Site 1 to Site 2, then here’s the lowest-cost way of going about that:

• Have The Events Calendar installed on both sites (free)
    • Install the WordPress Importer on both sites (free)
    • Use this knowledgebase guide to manually move venue, organizer, and event data from Site 1 to Site 2 → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-wordpress-export-tools-to-migrate-events-content/

If you want to have some sort of automatic migration from Site 1 to Site 2, then yes, just purchase one license for Event Aggregator. Use that license on one or both sites (you can use a single Aggregator license on up to 10 websites!) and then yes, set up your imports from there.

Does this information help?

Thanks,
    George

PS

Just to be clear, there is no “Free version of Event Aggregator”.

The way it works is like this: Event Aggregator is built into the free plugin called The Events Calendar. But it won’t activate unless you enter a license key for Event Aggregator. So your Event Aggregator license key basically just “unlocks” the Event Aggregator features built into The Events Calendar. I hope this helps to clarify that!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Licensing’ is closed to new replies.